terms, privacy, image release
terms & conditions
– By submitting to Laugh After Dark ComedyFest I understand that if selected to participate in the festival, I will be required to perform at the Las Vegas showcases October 3-5, 2022.
-I acknowledge that no travel, payment, or accommodations will be provided to festival participants unless specified separately in writing.
– I understand that all submission fees are non-refundable.
– I understand that not all submissions will be selected for participation in the festival. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about entries not selected for the festival.
– For standup submissions, a 5-7 minute video with quality audio is required for consideration.
– Submitting to the festival authorizes Laugh After Dark ComedyFest to use, distribute and share your photos on our social media and that of our partners. You also agree to provide such items to the festival as needed.
– All film submissions must be completed and paid for using our listing on Film Freeway. No films submitted using this form will be considered.
– If you wish to submit to both the standup and film portions of the festival, you must submit and pay separately: standup submissions will be taken directly through the official ComedyFest website and film submission through Film Freeway.
– In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
– Films must have been produced after January 2021
– The Festival relationship will exclusively be with the film submitter.
– Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
– A copy of the film will be required for screening at the festival.
– You can submit in multiple categories including standup and multiple film projects. All selection decisions are strictly determined by our judges’ team and no selection is guaranteed.
– The fee is required for each category submission.
– Submitting to the festival authorizes Laugh After Dark ComedyFest to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis, and movie stills on our social media. You also agree to provide such items to the festival.
By submitting to the Laugh After Dark ComedyFest and/or attending the festival, I irrevocably authorize and grant Laugh After Dark Entertainment, LLC and Laugh After Dark ComedyFest LLC (“hereinafter the Producers” which includes its successors and assigns) the right to:
– I thereby grant and authorize ‘Laugh After Dark Comedy Fest’ and ‘Laugh After Dark Entertainment LLC’, the right to take, edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, distribute and make use of any and all pictures or video taken of me by ‘Laugh After Dark Comedy Fest’ to be used exclusively for live streaming and promotional materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures, advertisements, press kits and submissions to journalists, websites, social networking sites and other print and digital communications, without payment or any other consideration. This authorization extends to all languages, media, formats and markets now known or later discovered. This authorization shall continue indefinitely, unless ‘Laugh After Dark Comedy Fest’ and/or ‘Laugh After Dark Entertainment LLC’ otherwise revokes this authorization in writing.
– I waive the right to inspect or approve any finished product in which my likeness appears, including written or electronic copy. I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image.
– I further agree to provide photos of myself upon request to use in promotional materials for and throughout the festival.
– I understand that if I am selected to participate in the festival that my showcase performance will be filmed but will not be distributed as part of the ‘Laugh After Dark’ TV Show.
– ‘Laugh After Dark Comedy Fest’ and ‘Laugh After Dark Entertainment LLC’ may use the Recording of my set for publicity, advertising, sales, and promotion of the festival and/or future festivals on social media, and YouTube.
– I hereby release the Producer from any infringement or violation of personal and/or property rights of any sort whatsoever based upon the use of the Recording.
– I further acknowledge that the Producer is not obliged to use the Recording.
– I warrant that I have full power to enter into this Release and that the terms of this Release do not in any way conflict with any existing commitment on my part. Reference to “the Recording” in this Release includes any and all edited versions made by the Festival and also includes any previously recorded material of me made by the Producer.
On the Site, we provide information about our upcoming standup and comedy film festival and accept submissions for entry into the festival.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Site only collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which includes your name and email address, in order to subscribe to our newsletter and/or submit for the festival. If you opt-in to receive our newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every e-mail.
We will share your information with trusted third party festival partners who provide support in running the festival including any blog or newsletter. All parties will do their best to keep your information confidential and we will never share your information with unrelated third parties.
We may record information relating to your use of the Site in order to help administer the Site and personalize your experience by improving customer service.
Additionally, we may send cookies (not the tasty kind) to your computer in order to identify your improve our service. At any point, you may decline the cookies in your Internet settings. However, doing so may prevent use of some of the Site.
We do our best to protect your information for any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner. You agree to notify us for any breach of security or unauthorized use of your information.
CHILDREN – ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Updated: OCTOBER 2021